Cyber threats should not be taken lightly. Cyber attacks can cause blackouts, military equipment failure and can be a national security concern. A cyber threat can lead to the loss of valuable and sensitive data like medical records or make communications unavailable to the public by disrupting the network. That is why it is essential for companies and organizations to know how to mitigate these cyber threats and be able to prevent them from attacking their critical infrastructure to gain access and steal data.
Sources of Cyber Threats
A cyber attack can come from all directions, whether within the company or from a remote location on the other side of the planet. Being able to identify the source of the threat is an important part of being able to prevent substantial cyber threats from being successful in disrupting the network. These malicious actors may include the following:
- Criminal organizations with large numbers of employees developing attack vectors and executing attacks
- Individuals who create attack vectors
- Terrorist groups
- Industrial spies
- Organized crime groups
- Unhappy insiders
- Business competitors
Cyber Defense is a Must
Any organization or business that runs its networks must implement the best cyber defense practice possible ranging from basic cyber security to extremely important countermeasures to avoid cyber-attacks hitting businesses that are essential in our everyday living.
For individuals, the best practice is basic and simple. Having anti-virus software installed on your computer is a good start. Habitually changing your alphanumeric password can go the distance when it comes to cyber defense, and lastly, being vigilant in identifying phishing attacks can help an individual from being a victim of a cyber attack.
Effective Cyber Defence Tools
Despite the emerging of cybersecurity threats, there are tools that can be used to prevent or even stop data breaches, unauthorized access, identity theft, phishing attacks to happen in our computer network and disrupting digital operations. A host of new services and technologies are coming onto the market, making it easier to mount a robust defense against cyber threats.
- Threat Detection Tools – also known as extended detection response (XDR), is an integral part of a company’s cybersecurity portfolio that acts as a first responder in detecting if there is any malicious code or malicious software in the network.
- Vulnerability Testing Tools -well-known cybersecurity companies offer crowdsourced cybersecurity services composed of professional white hat hackers that can identify your company’s security vulnerabilities and inform your security team.
- Outsourced Security Providers – various cybersecurity companies have emerged and are offering their services to protect your network from advanced persistent threats.
- Device Management Point Solution – pinpoints the weakest part in your network by exposing it across all network organizations with services ranging from device tracking software to remote wipe to disk encryption.
Download our Free CCNA Study Guide PDF for complete notes on all the CCNA 200-301 exam topics in one book.
We recommend the Cisco CCNA Gold Bootcamp as your main CCNA training course. It’s the highest rated Cisco course online with an average rating of 4.8 from over 30,000 public reviews and is the gold standard in CCNA training: